Infinite Legacy’s Donor Memorial Quilt celebrates the memory of those who have given the gifts of life and hope through organ, eye and tissue donation. These quilts are displayed at events throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, honoring the memory of generous donors and raising public awareness about the lifesaving power of donation.
Prior to merging in January 2023, The Living Legacy Foundation of Maryland (The LLF) and Washington Regional Transplant Community (WRTC) each had their own respective quilt program. WRTC’s Donor Memorial Quilt began in 1995 and The LLF’s followed in 2001. Collectively, the two organizations completed 47 quilt panels. The first Infinite Legacy quilt panel began in April 2023 at the annual Ceremony of Remembrance and will continue this year and beyond.
One seam of each quilt panel is always left open to allow for new “patches of love” to be added. When one panel is completed, a new panel is started. No two squares are the same; each is as unique as the individual it represents, and all held together by the common thread of love.
Want to make a patch of your own to add to the quilt?
1. Create a physical quilt square with fabric.
- Create a quilt square using fabric, puff paint, iron-on transfers, patches or other desired craft materials. Please review our directions and template prior to designing your square. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of our quilt square template in the mail.
- Bring your fabric quilt square to pin at our next in-person Ceremony of Remembrance.
- See examples below.
Fabric Quilt Square Example #1
Fabric Quilt Square Example #2
Fabric Quilt Square Example #3
2. Create a digital quilt square online.
- We suggest using the free online design platform www.Canva.com to create a custom quilt square. The program is user-friendly and allows you to upload your own photos if you wish.
- The design should be sized 6 in. x 6 in. and downloaded as a .jpg or .png file type.
- See examples below (made in Canva). Here is a link to some templates in Canva to help you get started.
- Upload your design using the form at the bottom of the page.
All digital submissions will be printed and available for pinning at the 2024 Ceremony of Remembrance. The deadline for our 2024 printing is Friday, May 24.
Virtual Quilt Square Example #1
Virtual Quilt Square Example #2
Virtual Quilt Square Example #3
If you are unable to attend the 2024 Ceremony of Remembrance and would like to submit a quilt square, please contact us at email@example.com for specific instructions.